Sunday, December 5, 2010

For the sake of posting...

I was checking up on Martin Scorsese's filmography the other night while writing an as-of-yet unpublished film review, when I spotted two projects that are both in post-production for release in 2011 that were of interest:

1. "Living in a Material World: George Harrison" 

-- and --

2. "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt"

Maybe you already knew about these projects? Maybe you didn't? 

Fans of The Beatles will certainly be interested in the George Harrison documentary. I've seen Scorsese's documentary on Bob Dylan ("No Direction Home") and his live concert for the Rolling Stones ("Shine a Light") and I can honestly say that when this legendary filmmaker tackles musical subjects, the results are a really good film that is actually fun, informative and entertaining -- while also being set to some good tunes in the background.

As for "TR." Well, I'm a nerd. And even if I am the only one in the theater to see this movie and the entire film grosses $8.50 from my lone ticket, I'm still going to see this. The only disappointment is that the film is based on his formative years. While that means adventure on the American Frontier, it also means no exhibition of why he is considered one of the best presidents of the United States. We can only hope for a sequel.

On a related note for historical nerdery -- yet completely unrelated -- here's hoping for a feature length film on James Swanson's "Manhunt."

No comments:

Post a Comment