Thursday, December 2, 2010

How the blog got its name

If you're a film buff, you can probably put two and two together and you understand how this blog got its name.

But for the delight of the casual movie fans at home, here's a crash course for you.

The basis of the name -- and the logo -- are thanks to Stanley Kubrick's "Dr. Strangelove Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb." "Dial N" is a reference to one of my favorite Alfred Hitchcock films, "Dial M for Murder" and "nerf herder" is a reference to a line Princess Leia says to Han Solo in "The Empire Strikes Back," when she says, "Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!" Then there's "Rosebud," which is a reference to Orson Welles' "Citizen Kane."


But the title is just a small sample of some of my all-time favorite films. And while, yes, I might be something of a film snob I also enjoy kicking back with entertaining movies from time to time.


Anyways, if this is your first time here, welcome. And thank you for checking the blog out. I hope to see you back here soon.


Thank you,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment